Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Recent Posts

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Forgot to mention..

I forgot to mention a few things in my last post.
First off, thanks so much for your lovely comments a few days ago. There is something so comforting about receiving advice from people I've never met before. Or so I think, you sneaky little anonymousers ;).

Secondly, I forgot to mention an epic moment that happened last night. The same night that I bought the $20 sharpie colored plank (Ha, I love that word). Which reminds me...did anyone ever watch Ed, Edd and Eddy? Haha. Plank.

Moving on....

So last night, me and some friends went bar-hopping in Orlando. At one of the bars we were at, I spotted this old man dancing like a maniac on the dance floor. He looked like he was about 5 foot tall and was wearing this sweet blazer and a pretty slick hat. Let me tell you, he had moves! But again, he looked like he was about 60. In fact, he turns 60 next month. Whoa, back up.
Okay, so I was staring at him dancing (creep!) and noticed a few girls who were saying "Ew, like what a total weirdo/creep". Well, I didn't see him that way at all. Just an old dude trying to have some fun! Okay, so he very well may have been a creep but who am I to judge? Anyway, he comes up to me while I'm casually drinking my vodka cranberry and trying to look sober and asks me if I want to dance. I politely declined and then yelled in his ear that I hope I have the kind of energy that he does when I'm his age. Then he gets a huge grin on his face and says, "Pinky Promise?" and holds up his pinky while I lock my pinky with his and we "kiss" our own hands. Like we were BFF's forever and could read each other's minds. It was a brilliant moment. Not because the midget sized old mexican guy knew how to pinky promise and "kiss on it" like I used to do with my friends in middle school (and still do today, hehe), but because he was so randomly wonderful and inspiring to me that night.
(And now comes the part where I say something totally lame and uninspiring like this:) So my point is, no matter your age, live your life to the fullest. That old guy made me feel a lot better about a lot of things. He was so content dancing by himself in a club full of young people and had so much energy and love for life. I seriously do hope I have that much energy when I'm 60. So thanks old man, whoever you may be.

Didn't I say like 5 posts back that I would quit with the lame posts? Whatevs, I'm a girl....with emotions. This is my blog. Who actually reads this anyways? ;)

Anywho, hope everyone has a lovely night. I will be spending mine preparing my tiny apartment for a friend who is visiting from Germany. And we're heading to New York and Vegas in about a week so I need to prepare mentally for that as well. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Whim Wham Life said...

Haha. Old men on the dance floor. They are kind of inspirational, aren't they:-) xoxo

Anonymous said...

I know I feel my posts are lame too sometimes but we are girls. And I am one of those lame people who read your posts ha :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...