Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Recent Posts

Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Days...

I haven't been having a great few days. Two days ago, my dog Toby started acting very strange. He wouldn't jump onto the couch, was constantly shaking, and would not eat or drink. I decided to wait until the next morning to see if he was still acting sick and, just my luck, he woke up a lot worse than he was the night before. He would cry if I picked him up, and didn't move an inch when I got up from bed (usually he is jumping around, barking with his tail wagging). It's the worse feeling in the world. I have had him since I was 16 (I'm now 21) so you can imagine the attachment I have with him. He is always by my side no matter what. He waits for me while I shower. He follows me everywhere even if I'm walking from room to room in my house. He cries if I leave him for 5 minutes. Okay, so part of that is because he's a chihuahua and they are naturally like that. But I can't describe how special he is to me. So to see him hurt just breaks my heart. I cannot imagine what parents go through when their child is sick. I'm going nuts!


So yesterday morning I took him to the emergency vet. $441 later, they tell me that he just has an upset stomach. Um, okay really? I could have told you that. Fo' free! But really, it was so worth the money. Because what if something was seriously wrong with him? There very well still may be something seriously wrong but only time will tell now. He did not eat anything at all for almost 2 days. BUT THIS MORNING I GOT HIM TO EAT! It was the best feeling in the world! He is no longer crying when I pick him up but still very weak and doesn't want to get up or move. But the fact that he is eating means that he will get better. Fingers crossed.


{This was Toby two days ago at the beach}
{This is him now. He has an IV catheter in his foot so that I can give him fluids}

He is so lovely.


"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain." -Khalil Gibran


Love that quote. I stole it from a friend;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Toby gets better soon - he looks to be a happy dog when he's healthy!

My cats are my kits they are my world and when one of them does not feel good i know and i get all besides myself too! it is okay to love your animal! more people should :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...