Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Recent Posts

Friday, September 9, 2011

Choco-Banana Bread Stuffed French Toast

Recently, one of my friends made me a yummy loaf of chocolate banana bread. Unfortunately, I don't have her recipe, but I'm sure you can find one anywhere on the internet. Plus, I'm not much of a baker so my attempts at recreating it would probably turn out to be a disaster. Anyway, my favorite thing to eat on top of banana bread is cream cheese. Come to think of it, I spread cream cheese on everything. Even PB&J sandwiches. I even like to spread it on brownies and pies....and pizza...and...ok, enough. That's not my point. This morning I thought it would be a good idea to make french toast with the banana bread stuffed with lots of cream cheese. It turned out to be a success. Bananas, chocolate, eggs, syrup, bread, and cream cheese...How could it not?


Here's what you need (1 serving):
- Two slices banana bread (chocolate)
- Cream Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tblsp milk
- Butter
- Powdered sugar
- Maple or Golden Syrup

1. Carefully spread as much cream cheese as you feel necessary on one side of the bread.

2. Mix the egg and milk in a shallow dish
3. Dip both sides of the bread, including the crust, in the egg mixture.
4. Fry in butter on medium heat on both sides (2-3 minutes each side)
5. Spread on butter, sprinkle powdered sugar and pour syrup over top!
Enjoy! This hit the spot.

2 comments:

Kenyon said...

This looks delicious!

Rachael said...

Heck yes, you GENIUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...