Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Recent Posts

Monday, July 30, 2012

Wild Rice Orzo Salad

Once upon a time, I had lunch at a restaurant called Brio. I ordered the Eggplant Pomodoro Panini which came with a side of "wild rice salad". I was skeptical of the wild rice salad and kindly asked the waitress if it was tasty or if I should order a side salad instead. She convinced me to order the rice salad and I fell in love. I didn't even finish the panini that I was desperately craving because I wanted to make sure my stomach had enough room to fit the deliciousness that my taste buds were experiencing. Before I finished, I picked through the salad and took note of all of the ingredients so that I wouldn't forget.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a copycat recipe anywhere on Google so I had to make my own and I have to admit, it is pretty spot on. I think I will make a huge batch of this each week because it is so delicious and healthy Next time I will probably add some chicken and/or feta cheese would go really nice in it as well!


Wild Rice Orzo Salad
Servings: Four


Ingredients


For the salad:
1 cup cooked orzo
I cup cooked wild rice (make sure not to buy "wild rice blend")
1/2 cup diced red pepper
1/2 cup diced yellow pepper
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
1/4 cup chopped green onion
2/3 cup chopped cilantro


For the dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tblsp lemon juice
1 tblsp minced shallot
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp sugar
zest of one lemon


Directions:
Note: All of the amounts are approximate. I didn't really measure when I made the salad so add more or less as you please.
1. Get a random weirdly dressed Swedish girl to chop all of the ingredients (so that you don't have to).
You might want to use a bigger chopping board..
2. Combine all of the salad ingredients and mix with the dressing.
3. Let it sit for at least an hour so that the flavors mix. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jose's Finest said...

I think you forgot to add the swedish melons to the mix...

Anonymous said...

LOL, you made me laugh out loud with that pick of Josephine!

Gwen said...

Love Brio! And miss it so much! This is a wonderful salad! So glad you came up with the recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...