Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Salmon En Croute

Salmon is hands down my favorite type of fish. Many nutritionists say that it is one of the healthiest kinds of fish you can eat (don't quote me on that). I was recently introduced to sockeye salmon. In my opinion, it's way tastier than normal salmon, and it contains more omega-3 oils. It has an earthier taste than normal salmon and the color of it stays a rich coral color when it's cooked. It's actually really pretty! It's a little more expensive that regular salmon, but it's so worth it! Anyway, here is my recipe for salmon en croute. It's an extremely simple recipe.

What you will need:
1-2 fillets of fresh sockeye salmon (or regular, if you prefer)
1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
1 cup of Cheese (any kind, gruyere tastes very good but I used sharp white cheddar because I had a ton that I needed to use up)
1-2 sheets of puff pastry
1 egg
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place thawed puff pastry onto a greased baking sheet.
3. Place fresh salmon onto center of puff pastry and season with salt and pepper
4. Spread spinach leaves to cover salmon

5. Drizzle a little bit of the olive oil over spinach leaves
6. Cover the spinach with cheese (as little or as much as you like)
7. Drizzle a little more olive oil over top
8. Fold in the edges of the puff pastry so that everything is sealed in

9. Brush the edges of the pastry with an egg white
10. Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown

Serve with side salad and baked sweet potatoes and enjoy!

Half of the salmon filled me up(and I have the appetite of an elephant) so two fillets will feed four people:)


4 comments:

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Ahhh this looks absolutely perfect! Salmon is my favorite fish too! Its so good for your skin too!

I answered your question about my favorite mask over on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a smashing success! I like to throw some garlic with the spin, but that's up to u...

Way to go! Proud of ya! =]

Candace Shiflet said...

mmmm that looks soooo goooodddddd I want to try it!

Lovely Little Rants

Amanda said...

oh yummy! a must try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...