I have a confession to make. I am obsessed with Pinterest. Phew, glad that's finally off the chest.
If you don't know what it is, check it out. If you'd like an invite, just let me know! I pinned this recipe a couple months back and have been eyeing it recently. So I decided to make it yesterday with a friend.Here.
We changed around a few things from the original recipe:
Instead of using a red chili, I added Sriracha hot sauce (Oh YES!), used dark brown sugar instead of caster (that's all I had in my pantry), and used regular tomatoes instead of cherry (although, cherry tomatoes would have been better).<---Holy run-on sentence! Also, added a little bit of curry powder and cardamom seeds. But just a little bit of both...don't go crazy with the curry powder!
Here is my half-assed recipe how-to (or you can just use BBC's, traitor!) :
1. Saute the onions and garlic in some olive oil until onions are yummy and tender.
2. Stir in the curry powder, cardamom seeds, sugar, cilantro, Sriracha and tomatoes.
3. Simmer everything until the mixture is thick and looks something like this:
4. With your spoon, make four little resting spots for the poor unborn baby chickens
5. Cover the pan until the egg whites are cooked but the egg yolk is still runny (a couple of minutes).
6. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve!
I like to eat it with pita bread, honey, and cheese (preferably feta, but I only had swiss on hand).
When I was younger, my Dad used to make Persian omelettes for me and my brothers and we would make mini pita sandwiches with the omelette, feta and honey. Do it, it's DELICIOUS!
Back to Pinterest-ing. Seriously though, try this recipe..it's amazing!